Voting is how we change levels on the gameservers.
To vote for a map, simply open the console and write: " vote level levelname"(vote map mapname also works). Where levelname is e.g. easy1.
You can use " vote level random" to vote for a random one!
If the level name is valid, the gameserver will download the level (if the newest version isn't already on the gameserver) and then proceed to actually call the vote. If you're alone on the server, the vote will pass automatically. If you're not alone, then other players are given 30 seconds to vote against the level change. If the vote passes, another countdown of 30 seconds start, before the level actually changes. Per default you press F2 to vote against level changes. ("/vote no")
Some general info
- The vote runs for 30 seconds. If you're alone on the server, vote passes automatically and level changes in 10 seconds.
- Players only vote AGAINST level changes. So if no one votes, then the vote will pass.
- Once every hour or so, the server will automatically call a vote for a random new level.
- It's not possible to vote for a level change the first 2 minutes after a level change.
- If a vote fails, it won't be possible to call another vote for the next 5 minutes.
- If a vote fails, the player who called the vote will not be able to call another one for the next 10 minutes.
- If a vote fails, the same vote can't be called for another 10 minutes. Meaning: if a vote to change the level to easy1 failed, then you can vote for easy2 after 5 minutes, but you'll have to wait 10 minutes to be able to vote for easy1 again.
- The player who called the vote, can also vote against it if he/she presses F1 (per default).
- Once a vote passes and the countdown begins, it can't be cancelled.
- The gameserver will always check with ProjectRIK.com to see if it has the newest version of the level. If not, it will try to download it.
- You never need to worry about if YOU have the level or not, all downloads are automatic. Older or modified versions will be overwritten with a new one. You can also download levels manually by writing "dl levelname" in the console.